Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I'm a cook in another life

Last week and the week before were the worst weeks I've had in a very long time.
But they're finally over.
I got my list of a million things to do finished. It seemed impossible, but I did it.
Then I spent some very much needed quality time with boyfriend, my dog and myself (and by my dog, I mean my family's dog because they're out of town for the week. We've been having a great time together.) I have work all week and all the roomies are out of town.
Yeah! Did ya hear? I got 2 new jobs! I'm a working woman, I tell ya! I'm working at the West Salem Courthouse Athletic Club as a child care provider and the Main Street Pub in Monmouth as a bartender/server. Spring term, here I come!
And now I finally feel refreshed enough to write another blog post.

I don't know what it is, but lately I've just become obsessed with cooking.
Yes, I am making very very simple things that I can't really ruin like pico de gallo, garlic chicken (on the George Foreman I might add), and steak tacos, but this is a big deal for me. I've learned I need to ease into it. When I'm ready to cook, I'll cook. Cooking used to be suuuper intimidating, like it would stress me out thinking about making something decent and healthy. The timing of getting the veggies or some side dish finished at the same time as the entree boggled me- I still have issues with this, but it's getting better. In other words, mac and cheese was my best friend for a long time. Now, I can't wait to make the next real dish! It actually is therapeutic for me- I feel so refreshed after slicing and dicing. It's wonderful! And the best part is boyfriend has been loving my cooking! Either that or he's an exceptional liar.

I just watched Julie & Julia today and it's currently my favorite movie. Given, it is all about cooking. I want to cook so bad I even want to make a chicken dish with mushrooms that I saw in the movie. And I hate mushrooms! Break through, people, this is a break through at its finest! The Julie girl in the movie is just my favorite and she blogs about her cooking. Hmmm...

Boyfriend was looking extra handsome this day. He was getting mad at all my picture taking.



Happy spring break, friends. I'm relishing in this much needed break.

No comments:

Post a Comment