Monday, November 14, 2011

brief but blessed

My friends, I apologize, yet again for neglecting my blog.
It has been one heck of a week!
And it's only getting more hectic... in a good way.
I'm going to be brief in this post because I really gotta get crackin' on some much procrastinated homework.  yuck

Something I am going to have a hard time juggling is my time management once I get back to Oregon- managing my homework, blog, time with Jesus, friends, work (assuming I'm going to be working a lot...), and time for myself- which I've forgotten I've needed and totally took advantage of.  Since I've been here, I've had much more time to fit things in then I ever have before.  
At least until recently, thank you Jesus.

As I mentioned in my last post, that was oh so long ago, I've made some new friends that have really altered my time here at Gallaudet.  I saw at least one of them every day last week, including the weekend.  Over the weekend, they actually spent the night in my room every night.  Here's a few pictures of it all.

ms mariah

mariah and giovanna

Kelsey and Katie


ceramics projects ready to be glazed


preparing for the surprise birthday party for Kinna.


Melissa and I

Giovanna



The perfect package from home!

Friday night was the last Gallaudet football game.  It was freezing!  I loved it.
After the game, I had a sleep over with the girls.
We watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas
It was awesome.

Kait and I

Kait and Rachel

Caleb's parents walked him out for Senior Night.

Laura, Melissa, Emily, Mariah, Giovanna, and I at the football game.

Caleb and his parents.



(Sorry, they're a little dark)





The next day, we went on a run to the Capitol and back.  It was about 4 miles altogether. 













my favorite little bum.


They love teasing me when I attempt to sign a new sign that they've taught me. 

That night, I went to dinner with the Hinton's.  That was the last time I would see them since football is now over... that is, unless I see them at their sons wedding in Oregon in the future... !




slightly camera shy.

My temporary southern parents. 

I'm gonna miss them!

And now, dear friends, my weeks are going to start to seem much, and I mean much, shorter.
(Side note- have you ever said a word so many times that it starts to sound like it's not a word anymore? 
That just happened to me with 'much'.)
Why are my weeks going to fly by now, you ask?
Sister is here!!!!



Of course I made her stand by the Christmas tree so I could take a picture.
She was loving it, as you can tell.

We both passed out earrrrly...  The difference?  She fell asleep before me- I got to sneak some good pictures of her.

And then in just 4 short days, mister aaron woodrow babcock, aka 'boyfriend', which I frequently call him on my blog, is coming to town!
Hallelujah, people! 
I'll say it again, hallelujah!!

I can't wait to see this man.


Happy monday, my dear friends!
I'll try not to neglect my blog... 
although, I can make no promises knowing the week ahead of me.

I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment