Saturday, September 17, 2011

I just want to dance with you

Only the best country songs were playing through my tunes yesterday.  And so many of them were songs that are played at the Eagles on Thursday nights in Albany.  Oh how I miss those nights that are so dear to me!
It didn't really help that Mr. George Strait takes up the majority of my country songs and nearly every one of his songs reminds me of boyfriend.


[Okay people, just so you know, I'm going to get a little more serious than usual in this post.]
It has been an emotional roller coaster of a week.  I knew I was going to be stretched during my time here, but of course, I couldn't know how much until I was actually experiencing it.  It's hard to brace yourself and prepare for the unknown.  And that's just what I'm feeling.  The unknown.  It is so uncomfortable.  I have already recognized that I am here for another purpose than just learning ASL (which is momentarily a sore subject because I'm a little discouraged at the speed I'm learning), but I don't know what it is yet.  When there is purpose to something I'm doing, it is so much easier to shoot for a goal or see the finish line.  Especially when I am in unfamiliar territory.  That's not the case with my experience yet... and I'm really struggling with that so much.  I'm trying my best to understand and accept that I may not know the purpose of me being here and that I only need to concern myself with living my daily life in a way that honors Christ.  My prayer is that something will smack me in the face with clarity, and hopefully sooner rather than later.  And in the meantime, I'll be content and joyful in the unknown.  

For the past 4 years, I have pretty much been in a love bubble of fellowship, where yes, I went through many many challenges, but I could always depend on the people I am surrounded by for encouragement and prayer.  And those people have in fact become my family in Christ over the years and I never realized the impact they have in my life.  I miss them all so so much!  But I don't have that here.  I am being put to the test like I've never really experienced before.  The difference between this test and many others in the past is that I know and can proclaim with confidence that my God is faithful and has a reason for everything He does.  I've seen His faithfulness and grace poured on me when I know and feel that I am so incredibly undeserving of it.  I know He'll do the same now because
 He doesn't change.  Thank you, Lord, for that.

  Here's a special thank you to Mr. Woody who is just a phone call away and gets to hear all the trouble going on in my heart.  Poor guy!  He's been such an encouragement.  I don't know how I would do this without him.

[Okay, seriousness is over.]

Yesterday, I was sorely disappointed to find out that Union Station has little to no seating anywhere besides the restaurants inside the Station.  I got a great idea in my head that after class, I would get my homework together, make a salad to-go in the cafeteria, get a soy Pumpkin Spice Latte (or a soy Salted Carmel Mocha, as Miss Jessica Hicks has recommended.  I hadn't decided yet.) from Starbucks, and sit at a table in Union Station to do some homework.  I soon found out that 1. Starbucks ran out of soy.  And dairy hasn't been sitting well with me lately, so I nixed the whole thing.  And 2. There is no seating inside Union Station besides benches.  Such a disappointing trip!  But the lovely Rachel met me after her interpreting job and we grabbed a celebratory drink at UNO's in honor of her getting two amazing interpreting job offers starting next week.

Although there is no great seating, Union Station is a great place to do to something I love to do.  People watch!






I am in high hopes that Starbucks will have soy today.  Cross your fingers for me!






No comments:

Post a Comment